Thursday, November 20, 2014

Day 5

Most of the time today, the Chef spent telling anecdotes or tales. He covered the actual lesson material (cleaning agents, chemicals etc) in probably about 30-45 mins.

As for the "homework", I brought a caramelized carrot soup and my reliable mashed potatoes. I probably overdid it a little, but I was quite happy during the break asking people to taste my product. I got some of the diploma students to taste as well - one of them even recognized the recipe immediately when I mentioned I pressure cooked the carrots with baking soda.

I found out both of the guys with Kitchen experience are returning to work immediately after lessons and the previous night, they worked till 11pm. One works at Latteria Mozarella, and the other one at Table at 7.
I just tried my new knife. Curiously enough, I don't think it performs much better than my fairly cheap (I don't remember how much) existing chef knife. The new knife is also slightly large for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment